Thursday, October 7, 2010

Hot Sauce!

I know the trend for awhile (still?) was mouth and eventually ass burning varieties of hot sauce with cool labels. If that is your thing, awesome, but personally I prefer to be able to at least somewhat comfortably consume my food. That is why my absolute 100% favorite brand is Texas Pete.



Source

It has a nice spice level and maintains some flavor. Also it makes an EXCELLENT hot sauce for chicken wings. It used to be only available in the south, and when my family would vacation in North Carolina we would always stock up. I’ve seen it in local stores now, though, so give it a try.

What is your favorite hot sauce?

3 comments:

  1. I can't really have a favorite, because I don't eat it often! haha. I will eat hot sauce in moderation - preferably mixed with Ranch, or with Ranch nearby- but I'm afraid my body doesn't really do well with any kind of very spicy or hot foods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, then, try the Texas Pete if you ever see it when you are at the store. It really isn’t too hot, and it is an excellent mixing sauce. I’m a brand whore for few things, but this product makes the list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. preferably, Slap My Ass And Call Me Sally.

    ReplyDelete