Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Two really good sandwiches!

I’m know fairly well known for the absolute horror I will experience if mayonnaise even comes within a few inches of my sandwich. At Subway if the knife isn’t wiped off before cutting my sandwich, I will be all awkward and ask. Just because I hate it so much. With that in mind, I offer two very different and mayonnaise free sandwiches.



Turkey Bacon Avocado

2 thin slices of Italian bread (or any kind that you enjoy)
2 slices of turkey (smoked or peppered is yummy)
2 slices of pepper jack cheese
1 ½ slices of cooked bacon
3 slices of nice, ripe avocado
black olives (optional)

Place a slice of cheese on each piece of bread. Pile on the turkey, bacon, and then top with the avocado. Then lightly salt and pepper the avocado slices and add the black olives if that is your thing. Close up your sandwich and toast that sucker either in a sandwich press or in a pan with another pan placed on top of the sandwich to act as a homemade press. Or don’t. Don’t press it, don’t heat it, but I would suggest you do so.

Honey Fluffernutter

2 slices of very, very, white bread
peanut butter
marshmallow fluff
½ tablespoon of butter
½ tablespoon of honey

Make the peanut butter and marshmallow fluff sandwich. Don’t over stuff it, because when you toast it the excess will ooze out. Melt the butter and honey together in a microwave, and brush the outside of the sandwich with the mixture. Toast both sides and enjoy.

The little bit of honey and butter really compliment the peanut butter.

1 comment:

  1. Black olives are to me what mayonnaise is to you. Otherwise both of those sandwiches sound delicious. I love avocado & peanut butter...just not together.

    ReplyDelete